What Personal Data We Collect and Why
We collect personally identifiable information from users of our website in several ways:
- Registration Our website’s registration function allows you to voluntarily give us contact information such as your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. We use this information to ensure that you are eligible to register for members-only sections of our website, to send you information about our company and products, for marketing research, and to better serve you.
- Order Forms Our website incorporates order forms and similar functions by which you may request information, purchase products, complete product warranty registration and otherwise register for or request services. If you chose to complete these order forms or use these functions, you may be required to provide contact information, billing information and shipping information, as applicable. We use the information you provide to respond to your request, fulfill your order or provide the requested service, as applicable, and may use this information to send you information about our company and products.
- Promotions/Online Surveys We may run promotions or conduct online surveys on our website in which we ask you for contact information. We use this information in order to complete and fulfill the promotion, collect the survey or for the other purposes identified at the time of collection and may use this information to send you information about our company and products.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Protect Your Information
If you share personally-identifiable information with us, that information will be treated with strict confidentiality and only used or disclosed as provided in this policy or as you otherwise agree. Some of the products and services we offer, and some of our marketing activities, require us to share your personally-identifiable information with service providers we use to market or provide our products and services to you (for example, if you order replacement parts through our website, we will be required to provide your name and address to a shipping company to ship the parts to you). In order to market and provide these products and services to you, we must share certain personal information about you with these providers. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties that indirectly allow us to market and provide products and services to you. For example, our web hosting provider may have access to personal information transmitted through our website. In addition, we may disclose personal information pursuant to a subpoena or other legal requirement or to enforce our legal rights.
Any personal information we collect will be stored in a secure location and will only be accessible by designated staff or authorized agents. We will require that any service providers with access to your personal information agree to maintain the confidentiality of this personal information in accordance with this policy.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will not sell, rent, or trade your specific personal information to a third party without your consent. However, we reserve the right to transfer data (including personally identifiable information collected through our website) to a buyer in connection with a sale of stock or assets, merger or any other similar transaction involving Makita USA Inc. if the buyer agrees to honor the promises of privacy that we have made to you.
Occasionally, we may send summary data pertaining to our customers to third parties in order to enhance our products and services, but the summary information does not include any information that can personally be traced to you.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
For California Residents Only
- California Consumers’ Rights Under the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 If you live in California, the California Consumer Protection Act of 2019 (“CCPA”) provides you with the following rights with respect to personal information that Makita U.S.A., Inc. (“Makita,” “Us,” or “We”) has collected about you:
- You have the right to request that Makita disclose to you the categories of personal information We have collected.
- You have the right to request that Makita disclose to you the specific personal information We have collected about you.
- You have the right to request that Makita disclose to you the categories of personal information that Makita shares with third-parties.
- You have the right to request that Makita delete personal information it has collected about you.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected in the Past Twelve Months and the Sources From Which Personal Information is Obtained. During the past twelve months, We have collected the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Professional or employment-related information, limited to the specific trade(s) in which our customers are employed and the name of their employer;
- Customers’ preferred language;
- Customers’ birth year;
- The username and password provided to Us by consumers who create online accounts with Us; and
- The specific product(s) purchased by consumers and the location at which the product(s) was/were purchased.
- Sale of Personal Information. Makita does not sell consumers’ personal information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Within the past twelve months, Makita has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties which co-sponsor promotional contests/sweepstakes with Makita:
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Professional or employment-related information, limited to the specific trade(s) in which contest/sweepstakes entrants are employed; and
- The preferred language of each contest/sweepstakes entrant.
Contact for Additional Information.